We value your privacy and take it very seriously. We recognise the trust you place in us through your dealings with us.
Cypress Sawmill complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
What personal information we collect
Generally, we collect no personal information from you when you are using cypress-sawmill.co.nz
If you fill out one of our contact forms, we will collect the information you provide in that form, namely your provided:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Information you provide to us in the form correspondence
We only collect information directly from you that you provide to us. We do not collect information from third parties.
How we use your personl information
We use the information you provide to:
- Verify your identity and respond to your communications
- Subsequently provide services and products to you
- Bill you and to collect payment for products and services
- Improve and optimise our website, marketing, and store offerings, and improve the services and products we provide to you
- To comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
Disclosing your personal information
Besides our staff, your personal information may be disclosed to:
- The businesses that support our services and products, including those that host and maintain our underlying web hosting and email services. This is required to allow you to communicate with us via those platforms.
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand, such as our email server. This may mean in some circumstances your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand
We do not share, sell, or otherwise make available your personal information to anyone outside of Cypress Sawmill for reasons other than those stated above.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised access, or other misuse.
When you browse our website we collect information so we can:
- Understand how our website functions and is used
- Monitor and improve performance
- Maintain security and functionality
- Understand interest in our products and service
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing
The information collected using cookies include:
- Your IP address
- Search terms
- Pages you access on our website and the links you click on
- The date and time you visit
- The site that directed you to our website, if any
- Your broad location (e.g. which country you are in)
- Your preferred language
- Your operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac)
- The type of web browser you use (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)
Your web browser enables you to decline the receipt of cookies and similar technologies. If you do not wish to allow cookies, you can turn them off using your browser settings; however doing so may limit the functionality of our website.
Any information we collect and share with third parties through cookies or similar technologies is aggregated and anonymised.
To improve our website and our advertising, we use analytics tools (including third party cookies) to collect certain information. Information we collect through analytics tools may include your IP address, page requests, form requests, click activity, and the timing and frequency of your use of our websites.
Google Analytics uses information to perform statistical analysis of aggregate user behaviour. We use Google’s analysis to measure advertising effectiveness and relative consumer interest in the various areas of our website and to present relevant advertising on our website(s) or third party websites where we advertise.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter a certain type of information, we’ll be unable to provide specific services. For example, we may not be able to deliver your order unless you provide us with a valid delivery address. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected, updated or deleted.